Thursday, August 5, 2010

A whole new menu....but same great taste


..for me anyway. Seems I am now "borderline diabetic". Mostly from the booze I'd think, as I could care less about sweets, etc. I lost over 48 pounds 7 years ago on weight watchers. It took me a year, and stayed off for three, then I got SO happy, SO complacent and comfortable, I put it all back on in 5 years or so. Great! Whatever.


So, for a WING SNOB like me, I am adding my "substitute" for less than half the calories. When you have a craving for that taste, you gotta have it, right? So here's what we do. Chicken breast (skinless, sorry). Cut the breast into thin strips lengthwise, add a little salt, pepper, put it in a ziploc baggie with a few teaspoons of white vinegar and Frank's red hot sauce. Let it sit overnight, or two. Spray a pan with Butter flavor Pam (or other nonstick spray - butter flavor). Add two or three tablespoons of the red hot and some more white vinegar. Take the chicken from the bag, put it in the toaster oven on broil. As soon as it starts to brown on each side, take it out and throw it in the pan, sprinkle butter bud sprinkles on top of it and, Voila! Pour the rest of the sauce from the pan on top, yogurt "blue-cheese" dressing over lettuce with the chicken, full meal and the taste you crave! It is delicious...


This is bad, people. Gotta lose the weight, gotta stop drinking for a bit. It's ok. MY DOCTOR (that is in capitals for emphasis, cause you're not gonna believe this) told me about a VODKA called Voli. It has 40% fewer calories! AND electrolytes! (Can I drink this while on the treadmill I ask....rolling of the eyes meant no I'm guessing). Be this as it may, I looked this up, it is true. However, now I just have to keep my husband from seeing that it is produced in France (we don't like the french for many reasons....we are QUITE the patriotic family). I think I can hide it. As long as Budweiser sticks to the old Red, White and Blue? We're good...

No comments:

Post a Comment