Sunday, July 11, 2010

The beginnings...

So, I've been cooking forever it seems. I LOVE, LOVE, Love cooking. As my mother says, who is a VERY wise woman (and a strong German - so her opinion IS fact) "when you cook for someone who appreciates it, you get better and better". And I have a husband to whom I am solely responsible for adding almost 60 pounds. I KNOW! This is NOT healthy....but he is happy...isn't this what matters most? My kids constantly tell me to go on "Hell's Kitchen". One of my favorite shows. However, I think I would be totally able to out-scream/curse Gordon Ramsey...and they'd have to "bleep" me out way more than anyone there. Because, you DO NOT yell at me like that. EVER.... I tried watching the more popular cooking shows, and to this I say to you...trust only Lidia Bastianich. AMAZING...I've eaten at Becco in NYC. UNREAL, and cooked my way through most of one of her books. Two words, YUM ME.... Giada? Really? Who trusts a skinny bitch that doesn't splash, splatter or have a hair out of place....Rachel? Annoying....EVOO? C'mon jackass...is it really that hard to say Olive Oil? Ucchh. I can't. As for the men, I enjoy Guy Fieri's Diner's Drive-in's and Dives...cooked a LOT from that show...my favorite is the deep fried, egg-roll wrapped Monte Cristo's...to die for. But Bobby Flay? Some eyebrow waxing going on there, and probably manicures...don't trust him. So that's it for now. I will write about my first "paid" job tomorrow...went well today.

1 comment:

  1. You go Chris. Cant wait to hear more. Hope you plan on sharing your favorite recipes.

    ReplyDelete